My husband says these are the absolute best cookies he has ever had. I have to agree. Very, very delicious... soft and chewy. The perfect cookie. A friend of mine shared this recipe a few weeks back and i could not resist sharing it with you...
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.
4. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.
*store in air tight container.