6.02.2008

Bringing Books to Life

My son and I were reading Aesop's Fables and came to the story of the crow who drops pebbles in the long-necked jar to get the water to the top so that he could drink. It was one of those special times where we followed the spontaneity of the moment and decided to replicate the story ourselves. With a bag of marbles, some small decorative pebbles and an italian soda bottle we were able to enjoy an activity that left my son feeling excited about and very proud of his accomplishment. He even completed the experiment by taking a drink of water himself!

Photobucket
What I got out of this is that I want to try and bring books to life more often. It really showed my son that he can take things from his imagination and make them a reality. I also like that every time the books that inspired the creativity are reread, these experiences will be remembered.

add to kirtsy

No comments: