3.27.2009

Color Me Rocket

Photobucket
This rocket has given us days upon days of entertainment. One day it is a rocket ship, the next day it is a house or the reading/napping room. Shortly after that it is a pirate ship and my son has put string on the tall, thin box that the rocket came in and rigged it to be his movable plank, and then that becomes the working drawbridge as he escapes from the castle. My daughter is thrilled by the artistic aspect and loves leaving her mark with crayons and markers. When she is done creating, her bears join her inside for a picnic or a cuddle.

I love imagination.

I also love items that help inspire it. This rocket is one for us. It is funny, my measurement of how much entertainment my children get out of something is usually done with minutes or hours. In the case of the Color Me Rocket I had to change my measurements to days. After a solid week of fun the rocket was conveniently folded back up and placed in its thin and easily-stored box to be brought out again soon, possibly to be attacked with paints and then by space creatures.

The company that created our much-loved rocket, Color Me House, also makes a playhouse that I can see being used as a cozy cottage one day and a fire station the next. Find both here.

add to kirtsy

2 comments:

damla said...

Wov, this rocket is very much looking like the space ship we made together with my husband. Not many things are written, you can figure out from pictures. http://www.kitubi.com/2009/01/22/KolidenUzayGemisi.aspx

My English blog mainly includes tips.


Best,

Holly - tutus & turtles said...

Cool project Damla, thanks for sharing!