4.01.2008

Avoiding Food Allergies

My husband and I are lucky to be virtually allergy-free, but that hasn't stopped me from worrying about my daughter having allergies. If you or your spouse (or both) have severe allergies, chances are your children will have them as well. However, there are some ways to limit your kids' intake of common food allergens. This article lists great recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics on how to do this. The most poignant for me was the suggestion to breastfeed exclusively for 6 months. Nursing is a proven immune system builder and helps prevent infant eczema. Don't worry--if nursing isn't possible for you, the article gives suggestions of hypoallergenic formulas that may help. Check out the rest of the list here.

Image & article via Cookie

add to kirtsy

No comments: