2.05.2008

Getting more fruits and veggies in your child's diet


One of the easiest ways I have found to add extra fruits and veggies to my kid's diets is keeping baby food in the cupboards. They are both very much past this stage (almost 2 and 4), but when I discovered that they found baby food appealing and more like a treat, I started offering them more often. They are quick and easy to serve, and are a great low-maintenance healthy snack.

While I don't think either of my children would eat any chicken and green bean combos, they love the fruit combos and some of the veggie combinations like sweet potato and apple and even butternut squash and corn. There are lots of great brands and flavors available ( Earth's Best is always a favorite!), but I usually find myself buying Gerber Organics 2nd foods that are available in almost any grocery store.

add to kirtsy

2 comments:

Kendra Meyers said...

You still feed your children baby food, Holly? I do too and Michelle's nearly 2! It's healthy, and that's what counts.

Holly - tutus & turtles said...

It's great, isn't it?!? We had stopped using it, but one day at the store we walked past the aisle and Max insisted on getting some - we haven't stopped buying it since!